Wednesday, July 6, 2011


It's been almost two years since i last blogged and on some levels it doesn't seem too long and on others it feels like it's been ages. I itch to write, but like some people say, Nothing is coming!! Every time I think I should jot something down, immediately I feel, on some level, that that particular topic is not worth talking about, not worth discussing or not worth my attention. Still, it lingers on, for a while at least.
I would like to believe it is because there's something out there that keeps me from spinning out gripping stories that constitute my life, or well worded opinions on supposedly topics that matter. To some extent, that is probably true. Or maybe, and this is more probable, it's because i'm just plain ol' lazy!
To continue with this train of thought, let's assume that it is indeed that something that is holding me back from writing. I try to convince myself of it every time i feel the need to write. Writer's block, screams a voice inside me, while another one snorts and says, yeah right, more like apathy. As I try to hear myself think over these bickering voices, i realise it's not just with the writing. It's with everything around me and everything I do. The inability to get involved or get excited or get angry or get whatever-it-is about food, movies, music, relationships, books, people, ideas . . . Little seems to interest me, and even if something does grab my attention, it's fleeting. I guess that's beautiful in a way, huh?
It's a rut, Apathy is. Then again, what else can let you look at things with such wonderful detached-ness? Yup, it's quite a beautiful thing.


5 comments:

Nandita said...

I know what you mean. I think your writing's grown you know :) Keep posting!!

Fah'd said...

nice post Swaadi!

+1 to what NJ said.

lite said...

Aich!

Shaz said...

Nandita is very kind wid her praise....bt I totally agree...u've grown !!!!
awsum piece... I really likd it...



p.s:- jus 1 lil doubt....wat grippin stories dus ur life constitute of?????

Swat said...

Haha. Thanks, people. appreciate it. :)

Shazia, have my stories not been gripping enough lately? Am i losing my touch? :D