Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Go Green!!!!

Okay i'm hooked to Greenpeace! And i know it's not only a phase! I'm one of those people who's really really concerned about the environment!!I don't know how many others are...knowingly or unknowingly! I want my children and their children and their children to live and see the world as a nice place!hell ya i want that! what's so bad about that!? Doesn't everyone deserve a chance to live?! I do think on these terms! I'm sure everyone does atleast i hope so! because nobody i know shows the concern! Okay a little about Greenpeace. It's an organisation that started in the 1970s and their branches are spread around 42 countries. I don't represent them. I'm just a fan! The Ban the Bulb campaign in India is a start! Who uses bulbs now anyway!!!
I do believe it's better if we use the cycle and car pool and stuff but i haven't really got there yet! I'm not too into cycling!:)
This may sound like i'm preaching but please oh please don't throw stuff on the road! There are a few dustbins provided here...yes even in India! Just throw all your garbage there or carry it home and throw it in your own dustbin! and yes that's one thing i do and am proud of it! I don't really like the idea of the Metro here in Bangalore. There will be no trees along MG Road!! There are so many instances to this! why would anyone want to tear down trees and build more railway tracks!! yeah there's also the whole public transport thing into this. I just hope the government plants the trees as they've promised! :)
Log onto greenpeace! check out the website and be a part of saving the world ! :)

3 comments:

Rishabh Kaul said...

hmm yeah. try going to lifestyle in hyd, the green peace activists hound you :) dunno if they're still there. Anyways, Yeah though i'm not "hooked" onto green peace, I do appreciate what they're doing. Esp the whale campaign. and yeah little things we do hopefully can make a diff if taken up by a lotta ppl

Amandeep Singh said...

Lets see how many DAYS/Months u stick to it...:)

Swat said...

standbymind: lol well i'm hoping it will last! i do follow some of the stuff i've said there u know! :) and thanks for dropping by!:)

rishabh: yeah...it'll help if everyone does their part!:)