Thursday, July 5, 2007

fashion-ed?

what exactly is FASHION? Seriously...what is it? I keep wondering about this. A lot! When u stay in Bangalore u can't help but wonder. Everyone seems to be all dressed up all the time! I'm like whatever happened to good ol jeans and tee?!? I feel so...out of place if u will lookin at all these people walk around. I love my old clothes and if given the choice i'd wear em all around town...lol..maybe not but u get the picture.
All these places...you're expected to be all proper and perfect! I just find it weird!!! I have nothing against people who dress up and stuff but i don't like it and hell don't bug me about it! and seriously... Is it necessary to wear those branded pairs of jeans or sneakers or tee's or whatever they sell nowadays....my fashion sense or whatever you call it is zero and i think it's a total waste of money to spend on such stuff! i really don't care if my shoes are from Bata or any of the local stores! Is it really worth it? Somehow it's become a matter of pride - to wear something that is branded!
i just don't see it! and i personally don't think it's important or necessary. I go to these boutiques...or rather asked to go from work and here are people who would spend freakishly large amounts of money on something as simple as a pair of ear rings! oh well...that's my take on this! maybe i'm jus one of those not fashion conscious people...lol...didn't find a word for it! :)

2 comments:

Rishabh Kaul said...

Ah! I know it's so irritating. Spending twice the amount just for a tiny logo which is hardly visible.

Some people might buy branded stuff for they believe its quality is better. They shop during mega sales! For who wants to spend 2k on jeans?

I agree that it's rather stupid to judge people from the stuff they wear, or think that if you wear something really expensive you'll suddenly be elevated in status.

Swat said...

yeah i know man...i just went to check out some jeans today! a pair of jeans lk u sd...2000 bucks!!!!!! i'm lk wtf?!?!?!? i don't get it!! it's crazy! and then they come up with these sales...buy 3 pairs of jeans at 1199/-!! i mean...if u can sell it at sucha price why not do it always eh?!