Friday, July 13, 2007

We've all heard the sayin 'an empty mind is a devils workshop!' While this may be true to some sense it isn't always! I find that clearing my mind gives an amazing feeling! The number of times i've stayed awake at night thinking nothing yet everything! I find that really relaxing actually! It's a lot of fun!to be thinking about nothing in particular..to day dream even in the night...just before falling asleep! To let your flow of thoughts take over and have absolutely no control over them! :)

I read this book called Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. It has left me feeling all depressed! lol I don't know why! It left me wanting to do something! Something i haven't done ever before! something really fun for a change!:) Like Sky diving!!!! That's one thing i definitely wanna do before i get too old!:D It should be loads of fun!!! The story is nice and all! I hate depressing endings or rather a story which has no happy ending. Hey life is tough so why be depressing or 'correct' in the books as well? This is one reason i don't want to read the last harry potter book! i couldn't care less if harry died but not the other characters. Not Ron or Fred or George or Luna or Neville or Lupin! I can't believe Sirius is dead! Ok moving off topic here! So yeah..The story of Message in a bottle is nice and i'm sure the ending is all 'correct' and stuff..but hey sometimes i'd like to read about all happy things! I also read The Kite Runner recently! It's an amazing book! it really is! This is the only book that almost made me cry! It's just so good!i recommend this book if anyone wants a nice read! :)

4 comments:

JPK said...

Eh bien,

"We've all heard the sayin 'an empty mind is a devils workshop!' While this may be true to some sense it isn't always!"

I just love the negation! If an empty mind is the devils workshop, then its the devil i should attribute all the creaivity to!

"I read this book called Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks."

Theres a movie on it. Try watching it..

"I hate depressing endings or rather a story which has no happy ending."
Im sure when you say i hate deppressing endings you sure do not stay away from them. Because if you do so, then you would be missing out on Thomas Hardy, Robert Frost, Shakesphere and maybe half of english literature..

Cheers,

Jude

http://judeunleashed.blogspot.com

Swat said...

i don't know if i can watch the movie jude! the book itself is so sad! i don't wanna watch it.
and yeah i can't stay away from them. It's sad. but it's jus too darn good!

Sriganesh Murthi said...

yeah... relaxing without thinking is pretty good, but it's damn hard to achieve.... the moment i close my eyes and say to myself "Don't think", i immediately get a voice back, "How can one not think?", and I go like "Don't think about not thinking", then the voiceback is "How can one do that?"... and it goes on and on and on.... lol... as you say, the flow of thoughts will ultimately take over...

anyway, congrats on ur intern, and all the best...

Swat said...

@ sriganesh : Thanks for dropping by! and yes i know exactly what u mean. I think that's why they say we always do things that we don't want to or are not supposed to even if we are the ones telling ourselves that we shouldn't do it! lol complicated i know!